Friday, April 15, 2016

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

 18051352
 
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
 
 The first time I heard about Jenny Han was from Christine (polandbananasbooks on Youtube) and all I remember is her saying over and over how funny Jenny Han's books were. It's true because I was chuckling the whole way through. But the other reason I loved this book was because the MC was just so darn real to me. I could relate to Lara Jean hard. So many times I'd catch myself thinking, yep that is exactly what I'd do, yup, I'd have thought the same way.

If you don't know the premise yet, go read it here on Goodreads. It in itself is tragic and hilarious - a combo of two things I love to be entertained by. The story is great, the characters are so well-written, it all just makes for a really spectacular contemporary YA novel. The title might suggest a romance-heavy theme, but really I'd attest that it's relationship-heavy instead. Lara Jean's relationships with her parents and especially her sister are particularly pivotal. I'm really excited to read the next book in this series (P.S. I Still Love You). I could do it right now if I wanted to, the book is sitting right here on my shelf. Hmmmmmm. :)
 
My Rating: 4.5 stars

No comments: