Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Time Will Come #11: *SOULLESS*


'The Time Will Come' is a Thursday book meme which began at Books for Company, where we pick a book we've been meaning to read but haven't got around to yet, one that's been sitting on our shelf gathering dust for a while...
*SOULLESS* by Gail Carriger


Apparently, this is: 

I had heard about this AGES ago, wanted to get for a long time, then finally bought it via The Book Depository, but still haven't read it. 
It's got the genre on the spine label, and it says "FANTASY/HORROR"
That sounds a bit frightening - I don't like scary things. I hope it's not scary. 
From skimming the blurb it seems like a historical paranormal young adult fantasy. But I don't know... blurbs can be misleading! Can't they? 


I probably won't bump this up towards the top of my TBR pile because I have too many other high priority books to read in the pile. 
Too many books, too little time.

5 comments:

iLuvReadingTooMuch said...

I haven't read this one, but I've heard it's good. Sounds a little steampunk-ish as well. Gotta check it out!

Books for Company said...

I haven't really seen many reviews on this series but I have been close to picking it up a few times!
Hope you enjoy it when the time comes

Amber said...

Like you, I heard about this one a while ago and hear nothing but good things about it. I hope you can get to it soon and it isn't too scary for you!

SarahS. said...

I have this book sitting on my shelf unread as well.

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I have read this one but not the rest of the series yet. I loved it though- it's funny and weird and sarcastic, and although it does have vampires and werewolves in it, it's not scary- honest!
Hope you get a chance to read it soon, it might surprise you!