Saturday, December 3, 2011

New On My Bookshelf



Happy Saturday, folks! 
Today I vacuumed the whole house, went Xmas tree/food/gift shopping, put up and decorated the Christmas tree, vacuumed some more, took a half hour nap, and cooked some pasta.


Not sure why I just told you that. 
Two new books arrived recently -
Friendship on Fire by Danielle Weiler, and 
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
(Sorry about the photo above, my walls and carpet look really dull and depressing)




Friendship on Fire is the debut YA novel written by Perth author Danielle Weiler. 
I'm currently reading this for review, and Danielle's allowed me to host TWO GIVEAWAYS for her novel - both Aussie and international giveaways. SO exciting!!! Also, look out for my very first author interview with Danielle which'll be posted early next year (or some time around then). 
I haven't read much of it yet, but I love the many local/Aussie references. SO relatable!




I got Lola & the Boy Next Door in the mail from my Secret Santa! 'The Aussie Swap' (Goodreads group that I mentioned a couple days ago) organised a Kris Kringle for the members to participate in. We don't get to find out who our Secret Santas are until after Christmas Day! (Is it bad that I opened my prezzie super duper early?)
This book was on my wishlist simply because everyone was saying how great Stephanie Perkins' novels were - especially Anna & the French Kiss. 
I wonder if Lola is better than Anna, or vice versa? 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Lucky you!
I really enjoyed Lola.
Oooh, and I've meaning to read Friendship On Fire. Good luck reading! :)

Nomes said...

oh ~ congrats on the vacuuming, LOL

~ and the books :)

this post made me smile :D