Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 21: FAVE CHILDHOOD BOOK



Day 11 – A book you hated
*Day 21 – Favourite book from your childhood*


* Pepper Dreams * by Colin Thompson

I've definitely raved about this book enough to last you the rest of the century, but if I'm to answer this one honestly, Pepper Dreams is the only book that comes to mind when I think back to my childhood reading.


I'll always remember the amazing, funny, brilliant and silly characters that Max meets, the submarine made of red postage stamps swimming through a sea of soup. The magical tale gripped me from beginning to end and what I took away from it was a lesson of dreams, life, love and hope. 

This book isn't in publication anymore, so if you want to buy it now it probably wouldn't be the easiest find. I am SO glad I bought it all those years ago (it was one of the first novels I bought, and online too - from an Aussie bookseller) because I will be reading this precious story to my little ones when that time comes. 


Day 22 – Favourite book you own
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 – Favourite title(s)
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

No comments: