Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top 10 Books I've Read This Year (2011)

1. The Hunger Games
This is the obvious one. It has awesome characters, amazing amazing writing, and kept me captivated the entire time.

2. Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince
Each and every HP book is ridiculously good. Enough said! 

3. Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows
Ditto above.

4. Shopaholic & Sister
You can never go wrong with some Sophie Kinsella in your life. The Shopaholic series is one of my favourite series ever, and given that it is contemp chick lit and NOT fantasy, that is really saying something! 

5. Only the Good Spy Young
Ally Carter created this truly amazing world of teenage spies-in-training, and each book in the series is filled with immense action, twisted spy plots, suspense and teen drama. 

6. Shopaholic & Baby
One of my favourite instalments in the Shopaholic series. The way Becky tackles that 9 month period of pregnancy is hilarious! 

7. 13 Little Blue Envelopes
Such a good YA book. Maureen Johnson is funny and quirky and puts all the right things into her characters and her settings and her storylines.

8. Catching Fire
Second instalment of The Hunger Games. Suzanne Collins did not disappoint for Round 2!  

9. Jane Eyre
Brilliantly written, intriguing characters, and a very truthful romance classic. Charlotte Bronte's first  published  novel is SO very good. It's beautifully gothic and every word is emphatic.

10. A Wrinkle in Time 
The children's book I wish I had read way back then. Madeleine L'Engle may well be on my favourite authors list just from my reading this one book of her's. 

Are any of these books on YOUR Top 10 for 2011?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I think I've only read three books from this list...time to hit the library!