Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Time Will Come #10: **The Persimmon Tree**



'The Time Will Come' is a Thursday book meme which began at Books for Company, where we pick a book we've been meaning to read but haven't got around to yet, one that's been sitting on our shelf gathering dust for a while...


~ T H E   P E R S I M M O N   T R E E ~
by Bryce Courtenay

a very glossy cover - even glary with the light from behind! 

I got this a couple years back when my friend and I were in Borders and I was buying books like a mental person (I did just get an Amex card around then, that might explain it). 
I probably would not've got it if not for my friend Liz who had highly recommended it to me. I wanted to get something by Bryce Courtenay because he is such a highly acclaimed Australian author and I've never read anything of his before. 
Not sure if this is my sort of read, but it's always good to expand your literary interests and broaden your taste. That's what I'm endeavouring to do anyway. 


blurby blurb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments!
Glad you liked me mini booklist reviews; more to come!
And do read the Great Gastby; for me, after I finished it I felt like I'd done something I'd really wanted to, I felt very acomplished.
Romi.x ( :

Books for Company said...

Definitely always good to try books which isn't usually your taste!
Hope you find that you like this one