Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 14: FAVE BOOK OF FAVE WRITER


Day 13 – Your favourite writer
Day 14 – Favourite book of your favourite writer


------------------


Err, OK. Given that I listed at least a dozen writers for Day 13's topic, I'll choose a book (or series) from one of my favourite writers that I haven't mentioned yet. 



THE GALLAGHER GIRLS SERIES by Ally Carter

Honour her sword | Learn her skills | Keep her secrets

Several years ago, I stumbled across Ally Carter via MySpace (weird, but true!). I'd never heard of this author before and I was immediately intrigued by the Gallagher Girls book series. It was love at first sight. Literally.
The covers really stood out to me, and combined with the prospect of teenage girls as spies-in-training - it was the best and most awesome thing I'd heard of... like, EVER! 


These girls are geniuses (no joke!); they're fluent in about a zillion languages, and these sweet, unassuming girls can kick. your. butt
But they're not superheroes with superpowers - they are just... really talented teenagers, I guess? 
The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a legacy spy school for girls, and they live in this enormous mansion (which means my favourite thing - secret rooms and secret passages!).


This series has the perfect combination of teen girl drama, secrets & suspense (oh boy, there's a lot of suspense), action, mystery and boys. All in the ever-thrilling lifestyle of espionage. If you like those things, I know you'll love this series! 


Gallagher Girls Book 5 is called 'Out of Sight, Out of Time' and will be out in March, 2012!


--------------


Day 15 – Favourite male character
Day 16 – Favourite female character
Day 17 – Favourite quote(s) from your favourite book(s)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you
Day 19 – Favourite book turned into a movie
Day 20 – Favourite romance book
Day 21 – Favourite book from your childhood
Day 22 – Favourite book you own
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 – Favourite title(s)
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

No comments: