Thursday, October 20, 2011

A little update for you, just for you. (And apologies)


I've been away for over a month and I feel terrible! 
I can't believe that I have neglected you for so long. 
Like Dolly Levi said, I will never go away again. 
I have made a few changes to my blog, they're not very obvious though. But I have added a page linked up the top for my 'Fave Blogs'. There are several author/book blogs that I really like, but this short list includes my absolute favourites, the ones that when given the question, I don't need to think twice about them being my faves. 
I need to make a nice little header for Chimneys and Magic as well - and maybe think twice about this colour scheme and background. I also need to add some fun buttons to put on the side bar for my Twitter, Goodreads, Tumblr and all that jazz.   

Sorry for this boring post, you're probably disinterested by the construction/maintenance work update. 
Anyway, I wanted to say that from now on, I will be posting up quality (I hope) reviews and substantial, fleshed-out posts. Screw the gimmicks, the fluff memes, the way-too-regular visual inspiration posts - I want to present to you guys my bookish musings in the most inspirational way I can. 

I think it'll be much harder work than before, but I hope I can live up to my expectations, and maybe lure in some fresh new book-lovers on the way. :)


Also, I'm a new fan of epic fantasy - the HBO tv series Game of Thrones has got me hooked on it. 
I bought the first two books in the series (A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin), and I am loving it!!!! 


It is everything you want in a fantasy, and I would highly recommend watching it, unless you're a young'un - the sex and violence might be a bit much for the tween crowds, I think. 

Here are a couple more stills to entice you ;)




See you soon. :)

No comments: