Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Titan's Curse (#3 Percy Jackson & the Olympians) by Rick Riordan



Wheeeheeheeeeee!
I am seriously loving this series. So much so, I'm going to start reading Book 4 as soon as I'm done writing this post. And I never read sequels consecutively, even when I have them on my shelf ready to be read!

The characters are awesome, as usual. We get to know Thalia a lot better in this story, and we also get introduced to some other really great characters too, like Artemis, Apollo, Zoe the Huntress, and a couple of new half-bloods, Bianca and Nico. Clarisse isn't really present in much of this book but that's alright because no one really likes her that much. Hehe.


The whole book is a sequence of fun mini adventures and there's a wonderful little twist at the end. I love books like these (adventure-fantasy-middle-grade-type books) because I never want to put them down and something exciting is either always happening, or just around the corner. I absolutely loved how The Titan's Curse incorporated a couple of Hercules' (or rather, Heracles') Twelve Labours into Percy's adventure because it is one of the most popular Greek myths, and anyway, who doesn't love a good lion's fur coat with magical properties of protection?

There were a handful of times the story plucked at my heart strings, e.g. Annabeth's dad and his celestial bronze, Zoe (I'm just gonna say 'Zoe', otherwise I'd give away spoilers), as well as a couple of cute 'aww' moments with Grover and Tyson when they sort of demonstrate their relationships with Percy. Oh and I almost forgot about Mr D! Dionysus! The wine dude. How could I forget about him? I was very pleasantly surprised and extremely touched when he helped the half-bloods in their time of need.

I still haven't watched the Sea of Monsters film yet. I hope I can still enjoy it, even though everyone's been saying how crap it is. I might even watch it today!

My Rating: 5 stars!




No comments: