Sunday, July 31, 2011

New On My Bookshelf



My life has taken a scary turn recently (in a good way). 
I've spent the past one and a half years "studying" (not that I really studied very much) Chemical & Process Engineering. This last semester I've realised I couldn't keep doing it anymore because I was miserable and wasn't at all following my dreams. 


Everyone (well, every normal person) I've talked to about this has said I would really regret it if I kept doing something I didn't enjoy. I didn't enjoy engineering at all. And I did regret it. 
I regret it Big Time. 
Now I've realised the only way I'll be successful is if I begin to hone my talents and follow my dreams. 

So! Onto the books. This semester (ie, tomorrow - eep!) I'm starting my Arts degree, majoring in English and probably Classics & Ancient History as well. That's why you see Greek Mythology, The Annals of Imperial Rome and the Twelve Caesars up in that photo, along with Jane Eyre. 


I bought Heist Society 2: Uncommon Criminals from Target in the United States. 
Really excited to hold an Ally Carter hardcover! All my Gallagher Girls books and my copy of Heist Society are the Aussie paperbacks (whose covers totally under-represent the books). 


I've heard this one is many people's childhood favourites so I knew I needed to check it out!
Have you read A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle? Let me know what you think!


Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I accidently got two copies of Withering Tights so I'm giving one away. I'm really excited about this series because I absolutely loved the Georgia Nicolson series and Louise Rennison is a hilarious writer. :)


I had to get Jane Eyre for the English unit I'm taking this semester (Romance: Narratives of Imagination). This should be a fun unit because we're required to watch movies too! Princess Bride is one of them. :D

Wish me luck for this semester.
<3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on following your heart :) I would love to take Ancient History :)

Hope you enjoy your books :)

Ange said...

Great IMM! I loved Heist Society and can't wait to get started on Uncommon Criminals.
Congrats on following what you really want to do =), not many people have the courage to start a new degree!

Ange @ the Moonlight Reader
My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-17_31.html

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Oh my gosh, A Wrinkle in Time is WONDERFUL. One of my childhood faves. I've been meaning to re-read that whole series, actually.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, chica! I'm a new follower.

Cass said...

Oh, those red VINTAGE books are beautiful. I've seen previews of them on Amazon (love the flaps), and they look gorgeous when gathered together.

Happy reading!