Tuesday, July 17, 2012

new on my bookshelf: selznick + gentill


THE INVENTION OF HUGO CABRET by Brian Selznick
(published 2007; read synopsis)

I first heard of this book after watching the film Hugo, which I quickly became a huge fan of. I didn't realise it was a book to film adaptation until I saw the special features on the DVD. I loved the movie so much that I quickly ordered it online. The book looks huge, but it is jam-packed with beautiful illustrations and pictures galore, as well as words of course.
Below are photos of the hardcover's jacket and the book without the jacket. And I also took a short little video of me flipping through the book quickly, so you can get an idea of what it's really like (awesome is what it's really like!). 





----------------------------


TRYING WAR by S.D. Gentill (The Hero Trilogy, #2)
(published 2012, Pantera Press. read synopsis)

This is the sequel to Chasing Odysseus and the second book in the Hero Trilogy. These books are rooted in Ancient Greek mythology, and I really loved Chasing Odysseus so I was extremely excited to receive this book as a review copy from the author's publicist. For some odd reason I really like the obscure covers of these books. Click here for my review of Chasing Odysseus. 


Stay tuned for my next post: What I got from the library!

No comments: