Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Time Will Come #7: *LAMENT* by M. Stiefvater




'The Time Will Come' is a Thursday book meme which began at Books for Company, where we pick a book we've been meaning to read but haven't got around to yet, one that's been sitting on 
our shelf gathering dust for a while...



LAMENT by Maggie Stiefvater




Here is the blurb straight off the back of my copy! :)


I was actually not a big fan of Maggie Stiefvater's insanely popular Shiver - I haven't bothered to read the rest of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series because of it. I just found Shiver to be quite contrived - mainly the relationship between Grace and Sam; but a huge factor was the super cheesy dialogue (which had me mentally vomiting at some points!). But I must say, the plot was pretty good. 


Anyway, I bought Lament from the Angus & Robertson admin sale because it was 70% off, and there wasn't a lot of YA left to choose from by the time I went (which was the second last day before the store closed down). 
It appears this novel is about faeries - I am a big Melissa Marr fan, so I don't know how comparisons will pan out but we'll have to wait and see. 


Let's talk about the cover. It's quite scary! Despite there being a nice white dove being freed from a cage, the cover creeps me out. The colours are frightening, the font is frightening, the dripping black... blood (?) is frightening - I just spotted the musical notes along the top and bottom, and I'm not sure if they're a comforting factor either. But if there are musical elements in the book I will be very excited.


This one isn't really around the top of my TBR pile.
Should it be, though? I don't know. 
Let me know your thoughts in the comments!


H A V E  Y O U  R E A D  * L A M E N T * ?

2 comments:

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Hi- I actually thought this was one of the better faerie books (but then I liked Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver series and gave up on the Melissa Mar series after book 3- so maybe I'm not the best one to ask!)

SarahS. said...

I loved this book, maybe even more than Shiver. Here's mine:
http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2011/11/time-will-come-6.html