Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a bookish tag!


Anna from The Perfect Herald tagged me to do this!
Thanks Anna, I love doing these little challenges. :)

The rules:
-You must post the rules.
-Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
-Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
-Let them know you've tagged them!

Questions:
1.) Favorite author, why?
It's impossible for me to choose just one author to be my favourite. My top three would have to be something like: C.S. Lewis, Jaclyn Moriarty and JK Rowling. There are so many others though. I mention most of them in that topic in the '30 day book meme'. 

2.) Favorite childhood book, or fairytale?
Pepper Dreams by Colin Thompson is my favourite childhood book. It's pretty much a fairytale as well. 

3.) Favorite Poet? Why?
I don't have a favourite poet, I don't read enough poetry to have an informed opinion about the stuff. I mean, the only one that comes to mind really is Shakespeare. He was an okay poet, wasn't he?

4.) What book would you want to jump into and become the main character of?
Any book from the Ashbury High series by Jaclyn Moriarty (but preferrably Finding Cassie Crazy)

5.) Favorite childhood memory?
Probably school achievements, like being champion girl for my school's athletic carnival in year 6, or my musical achievements in choir or playing cello. 

6.) Why did you start blogging, what do you want to accomplish?
I just seized the opportunity to use this forum to express myself, and share some of my passions. 

7.) Favorite place to be? (i.e.- the beach, circus, bedroom, family gathering, park, woods, etc.)
New York City. But if I had to choose something local, probably... home. Just home. 

8.) Favorite movie? Why did you like it?
Zoolander. Also, Howl's Moving Castle. Also, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. 
They make me laugh, and more importantly, they make me feel good. Vague, huh?

9.) Favorite Season? Why?
Winter. This is because winter in Perth, Australia is rather tame. I just like the cold. I hate heat. 

10.) Favorite book?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I have other favourites too. 

I'm not going to tag eleven individual people, I'm tagging ALL OF YOU! to do this quiz. 
Link me to yours in a comment down below so I can see your answers. 
There are supposed to be 11 questions, so add one of your own questions to the end! 
(I can't be bothered thinking up a whole new lot of 11 questions for you, lol)
ENJOY!

1 comment:

annaaainafairytalee. said...

J.K. Rowling, such a good author, and I mean that genuinely; some people don't really like her writing style or call her simplistic or whatever but I think her writing style is rather detailed and rich. I was thoroughly captivated by her first novel and now have taken it upon myself to collect the rest of the Harry Potter Series before I finish reading them.

Cello! Jeesh I hated cello, when I complained I found out how much I preferred it to the alternative: which was...drum roll: the Harp, I failed miserably and was forced the learn the violin - because my brother was so wondrous at it - I despised placing my fingers so closely together, I have sausage fingers, good for nothing musical - except maybe the harp. I love to sing, I just haven't figured out how to stand up in front of people and do it yet. Haha.

New York City! Oh you are just trying to butter me up aren't you? I left my heart back in New York, for the past three summers I have been so blessed to go back there for a vacation, I feel in love with Long Island. Oyster Bay's small shops and amazing apple pies, Bay Shore's main street and concerts in the tiny park, Oak Beach - where I stayed - and the semi-private beaches each house had. And seeing the Great South Bay lit up with fireworks, oh I would give anything to live there.

I loved Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, basically any sappy love-romantic comedy where in the end everything works out is my favorite movie. I love the black and white films, the movie Star!, but my favorite movie of all time is Sweet Home Alabama, I have quite literally watched that movie more than a hundred times.

I kept returning The Book Thief, even though I want to read it, I just keep...not reading it. If you know what I mean.

And winter is my favorite season too! My brother lives in the mountains and I spent like all of December up there, walking my gold retriever up and down the holiday rental house streets while it snowed so much my hair was soaking by the time I came inside will always be one of my most cherished moments. The snow made the world change, made everything magical and special, it is truly something.

Did I really forget an eleventh question?
Weird?
I would do that though. Ugh. Haha, I swear if my head was not attached I'd forget it in the book store.