Friday, February 3, 2012

new on my bookshelf


Big W is my hero. 
Currently they've got 35% OFF adult fiction in store, so these penguin books were less than $6.50 each! I thought that was a pretty darn good deal. Mini Shopaholic was about 13 bucks, which is still really good imo. Anyway, now that I think about it, I feel like I should have gotten way more books than just these three. Big Dub is AWESOME. I walked outta there feeling really great, headache gone, and a smile on my face. But I'm so glad I didn't get more, because I am kinda broke. (eeep :/)


 The popular penguin book covers have really started to grow on me!! 
I didn't care for them at the beginning, but now that it's more of a brand of its own (and with all the different merchandise), those orange-coloured books seem a lot more easy on the eyes. :)

So here are the 3 I bought, face-on, in all their glory: 

 Mini Shopaholic 
The most recent instalment of Sophie Kinsella's shopaholic series, which is one of my favourite book series' in the whole wide world. So funny, so British, and a guaranteed great read. 

In Cold Blood
I need this for my uni-work, and I didn't realise until I was inspecting the book before bedtime that this is non-fiction! Truman Capote was a journalist for the New Yorker, and after reading a 300-word article, he went on a full-blown investigation about the murder of this family. Which is this book. 

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
I recall one of my favourite childhood memories was reading this book about this really smart kid who solved mysteries. He was like a super clever boy-detective, and the stories about his life and detective work were so enthralling, I'm pretty sure I read the book a zillion times. I'm expecting this to be a bit like that... fingers crossed it is!

1 comment:

annaaainafairytalee. said...

Hey, I love your blog, you should check out mine. I'm just getting started and I would greatly appreciate the help in spreading the word, I'll be spreading the word on yours, I love how you write your reviews and the varieties you have in your books.
I also have another blog that is slightly older and I post, now mostly original poetry or how my day was, or scenes/chapters from play's/books of my original work. I would appreciate your feedback on whether you my poetry/writing is any good.

Book Review Blog:
http://theperfectherald.blogspot.com/

Personal/ Poetry Blog:
http://annaaainafairytalee.blogspot.com/

Fondly,
Anna