Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 10 of the 30 Day Book Meme: FAVOURITE CLASSIC

Day 07 – Most underrated book An unexpected good read
Day 08 – Most overrated book

Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving
Day 10 – Favourite classic book 


I've already told you guys that Frankenstein is my favourite classic, so I'll just go ahead and list a different one for today's theme. :)


I read this a long time ago - probably in year 9 for English. We were asked to read several books from a list of classics and this book was my favourite of the classics I read back then. I also read The Silver Sword (which was really good) and I tried reading Catch-22 but gave up because I couldn't understand what was going on. :P


POLLYANNA by Eleanor H. Porter


I love this book a lot.
I will buy this one day and force my kids to read it. It's definitely a must-read children's classic that showcases positivity in life, staying optimistic at all times, and just good ol' gladness to the nth degree.
From what I can remember, Pollyanna is this little girl who goes to live with her Aunt because she lost her parents (or something). Her aunt is kinda cold and strict, like she's got a stick up her bum. But Pollyanna loves her anyway because she's the ideal little girl that finds the good side out of every situation. Almost annoyingly. 
I think some people actually can't stand Pollyanna because she is so optimistic to the point of annoying. But I like her. :)
I think it was her dad that taught her when she was very little to see the bright side of everything - they used to be very poor and had church-donated gifts sent to them at Christmas. One time Pollyanna had got a pair of crutches and she was really upset because that was such a crap prezzie. But her dad told her to be glad for everything she has and to be glad that she doesn't have a reason to need the crutches! 


So yep Pollyanna's a really good little novel for kids to read. She has adventures of her own and makes friends with an orphan and falls from a tree or something and does other crazy adventurous kid stuff! 


It was a joy to read and I hope many other kiddies enjoyed it as much as I did! 

I wanna know... what's your favourite classic?

Day 11 – A book you hated
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore
Day 13 – Your favourite writer
Day 14 – Favuorite book of your favourite writer
Day 15 – Favourite male character
Day 16 – Favourite female character
Day 17 – Favourite quote(s) from your favourite book(s)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you
Day 19 – Favourite book turned into a movie
Day 20 – Favourite romance book
Day 21 – Favourite book from your childhood
Day 22 – Favourite book you own
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 – Favourite title(s)
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

No comments: