Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 12 of the 30 Day Book Meme: A Book I Used To Love But Don't Anymore


Day 11 – A book you hated
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore

You may have noticed (with your highly sharp observational skills) that I skipped Day 11
GASP.
The reason is that I couldn't think of a book that I hated!
There are two possible sub-reasons for this: 
1. I haven't read enough books in my life time and only pick up good ones
2. I forget what books I disliked (I have read a lot of books as a child yet I only started to keep a reading log in Year 9/10)
3. I give up before I get very far into the book

That was three sub-reasons. Woops. I thought of an extra one as I typed out the first one. Anyway, I had to skip that day, and I'm sorry I couldn't do it, I feel like I failed a question in a test. 

So onto today's topic!
A book I used to love but don't anymore.



Feeling Sorry For Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty


I absolutely LOVED the Ashbury/Brookfield High series by Jaclyn Moriarty! Still do. I used to not be able to choose a favourite book of the four (because they're all so great) and probably still can't! If you read young adult literature and like teen chick reads, and if you haven't read any of these books by Jaclyn Moriarty (e.g. Finding Cassie Crazy, The Betrayal of Bindy Mackenzie, Dreaming of Amelia and this one), you are crazy! 
You need to run into your school library or local library this Monday morning, shove past the nerdy Year 8 with his shirt buttoned all the way up if you need to, and start READING NOW! (I'd suggest you start with Finding Cassie Crazy)
Anyway... I used to esteem Feeling Sorry for Celia very highly until I bought and reread it early this year and realised I have grown out of it! The bits that used to make me LOL, I shrugged off this time. 
The other books in the series, however, I still really, really enjoy. 

Should I do any reviews of the other Ashbury High books? I have the last 3 and it would be fun to read them again. I miss reading teen, highschool-oriented books. Reading period for English was one of my favourite classes in my lower highschool years. Apart from music and PE. :)

Now I am rambling and should stop and start reading my Roman History books! AHHH.



Day 13 – Your favourite writer
Day 14 – Favuorite book of your favourite writer
Day 15 – Favourite male character
Day 16 – Favourite female character
Day 17 – Favourite quote(s) from your favourite book(s)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you
Day 19 – Favourite book turned into a movie
Day 20 – Favourite romance book
Day 21 – Favourite book from your childhood
Day 22 – Favourite book you own
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 – Favourite title(s)
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time


P.S. Did you notice I did two 30 Day Meme posts today? Hehehe.

No comments: